REFRESHING WATERMELON RUM PUNCH3 lb. fresh watermelon8 oz. white rum6-8 T. fresh lime juice¼ c.…
2 (3 ½-oz.) bags boil-in-bag brown rice
1 T. olive oil
1 c. finely chopped onion
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
8 oz. skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
Salt, black pepper
1 (12-oz.) bag microwave-in-bag fresh broccoli florets
1 ½ c. milk
3 T. flour
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat broiler to HIGH.
2. Cook rice according to pkg. directions. Drain.
3. While rice cooks, heat large 12” oven proof skillet on medium heat.
4. Add olive oil, swirl to coat pan.
5. Add onion, mushrooms and seasoned chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Saute until chicken is done.
7. Cook broccoli according to pkg. directions for 3 minutes. Open pkg. to release steam.
8. Combine milk and flour, whisk until smooth.
9. Stir milk mixture into chicken mixture.
10. Cook until bubbly and thick, stirring frequently. Takes about 1-2 minutes.
11. Stir in rice and broccoli. Season to taste.
12. Sprinkle with cheese.
13. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts and just begins to brown.
*****You can sub ground beef for chicken; change up veggies like cauliflower, spinach, peas, carrots, green beans, etc. You can also use 3 c. cooked quinoa instead of rice.