WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Family Pleaser Chicken, Broccoli and Brown Rice Casserole
FAMILY PLEASER CHICKEN, BROCCOLI AND BROWN RICE CASSEROLE
2 (3 ½-oz.) bags boil-in-bag brown rice
1 T. olive oil
1 c. finely chopped onion
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
8 oz. skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
Salt, black pepper
1 (12-oz.) bag microwave-in-bag fresh broccoli florets
1 ½ c. milk
3 T. flour
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- Cook rice according to pkg. directions. Drain.
- While rice cooks, heat large 12” oven proof skillet on medium heat.
- Add olive oil, swirl to coat pan.
- Add onion, mushrooms and seasoned chicken with salt and pepper.
- Saute until chicken is done.
- Cook broccoli according to pkg. directions for 3 minutes. Open pkg. to release steam.
- Combine milk and flour, whisk until smooth.
- Stir milk mixture into chicken mixture.
- Cook until bubbly and thick, stirring frequently. Takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in rice and broccoli. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts and just begins to brown.
*You can sub ground beef for chicken; change up veggies like cauliflower, spinach, peas, carrots, green beans, etc. You can also use 3 c. cooked quinoa instead of rice.