WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Crispy Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bourbon-Cane Vinaigrette
CRISPY SHAVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD WITH BOURBON-CNE VINAIGRETTE
2 T. butter
¼ c. firmly packed light brown sugar
4 T. Steen’s Cane Syrup, divided
2 c. walnuts
3 T. bourbon, divided
1 lb. good quality thick-cut bacon, chopped
¼ c. cane vinegar
Kosher salt, black pepper
1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts, pulsed in food processor
- Preheat oven 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In saucepan, melt butter.
- Whisk in brown sugar and 3 T. syrup. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts and 2 T. bourbon.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes and let cool completely. Break into pieces or rough chop. Set aside.
- In large saute pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve ¼ c. of drippings.
- In bowl, whisk together drippings, vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining syrup and bourbon.
- In large bowl, combine sprouts, bacon, walnut mixture and dressing.
- Serve immediately.