WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Fabulous Gumbo Nachos
1 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
½ of each color bell pepper, (red, orange, yellow)
2-3 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 onion, thinly sliced
½ lb. fresh okra, sliced
10 c. tortilla chips
3 T. olive oil
½ lb. peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded Monterey-Jack cheese or Mexican Blend cheese
1 bunch chopped green onions
½ sour cream
Pico de gallo, sliced avocados, garnishes
- Preheat oven 400.
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stir frequently, until browned, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, onions and jalapenos. Stir frequently and cook until onions are soft.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning and mix well.
- Arrange chips on prepared pan and spread the sausage mixture evenly over chips.
- Wipe skillet clean and add 3 T. olive oil.
- Season shrimp with Creole seasoning and add to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Place on top of nachos.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven until cheese is melted, 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream and about 1 T. Creole seasoning. Serve on side along with pico and sliced avocados, etc.