REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Easy Chicken Thin Fillets Marsala
EASY CHICKEN THIN FILLETS MARSALA
4-6 thin chicken fillets
1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
2 T. sugar
4-6 yellow mini peppers, sliced
1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
½ c. chicken broth
½ c. dry Marsala or dry sherry
Salt/black pepper/ garlic powder
2-3 T. butter
4 sprigs of fresh dill, rough chop
Fresh grated Parmesan, optional
- If you want to have a slight breading on the fillets, place about 1-2 c. flour in shallow dish and season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside. If not, skip this step.
- Season the chicken fillets. Take a large cast iron skillet and spray bottom with PAM and drizzle with olive oil to cover the bottom and place over medium heat.
- If you want fillets breaded, dip into flour and coat both sides and shake off excess. If no breading, skip that step. Place 2 fillets at a time into skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes or until golden and flip and cook 2 minutes, then flip again and cook another 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining fillets. Remove fillets and place on platter and cover to keep warm.
- Lower heat under skillet, add the onions and saute for about 2 minutes, then add 2 T. sugar and salt and stir to caramelize the onions. This takes about 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Add the mini peppers and mushrooms, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine, broth and butter. Simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Add the chicken fillets back into sauce. Heat until everything is hot.
- Garnish with fresh dill and Parmesan cheese.
*Serve over nice noodles or rice.