PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
EASY CHARD AND WHITE BEAN SOUP
¼ c. olive oil
1 large Vidalia onion, diced
3-4 celery stalks, diced
2 (15-oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
4 c. chicken broth
1 (12-oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
4 T. minced garlic
1 whole garlic
¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1 bunch Swiss chard, leaves roughly chopped
4 thick slices sourdough bread
- Heat 1 T. olive oil in pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and salt and cook until veggies are golden brown.
- Add beans and broth, bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add 3 T. olive oil over medium heat.
- Add red peppers, minced garlic and cilantro. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chard, cover and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Scrape the contents of skillet into pot and simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Toast bread, and rub with whole garlic clove.
- Serve bread with soup.