1 lb. ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions
1 lb. yellow squash, sliced into ½” thick rounds
1 lb. zucchini, sliced into ½” thick rounds
2 pts. Cherry tomatoes
2 T. minced garlic
Kosher salt/black pepper
2 c. ricotta cheese
½ c. grated Romano cheese
1/3 c. chopped fresh basil
1 t. white wine vinegar
1 (12-oz.) jar good quality marinara sauce
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil leaves, garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Preheat broiler with oven rack 6” from heat.
- Toss together squash, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic. Drizzle with olive oil to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and spread into one layer.
- Broil until charred and tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Stir together ricotta, Romano, basil, vinegar and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine pasta, cooked veggies and marinara sauce in large bowl.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Spoon half of pasta mixture into 13×9” baking dish that is sprayed with PAM.
- Dollop 1 c. of ricotta mixture evenly on pasta mixture.
- Repeat with remaining pasta mixture and ricotta mixture.
- Top evenly with mozzarella.
- Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.