CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
1 (9”) store-bought pie crust
2 lbs. heirloom tomatoes, or favorite large tomatoes, thinly sliced
Kosher salt, black pepper
½ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
Juice of 1 lemon
1 c. finely shredded parmesan cheese, divided
2 c. fresh corn kernels, divided
3 T. finely chopped fresh basil, divided
2 T. finely chopped fresh chives, divided
1. Preheat oven 425. If pie crust is frozen, thaw it.
2. Place foil around the pie plate to protect the outer crust. Also place pie weights or dried beans on crust (keeps from bubbling up.)
3. Bake crust for 20 minutes. Remove weights and foil and bake 5 more minutes or until browned.
4. Cool completely. Reduce oven temp to 375.
5. Place tomatoes in single layer on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
6. Whisk together mayo, lemon juice, and ¾ c. of cheese in bowl.
7. Sprinkle ¾ c. corn in bottom of crust, sprinkle with 2 T. basil, 1 T. chives, season with salt and pepper.
8. Pat tomatoes dry with paper towel.
9. Arrange half of tomatoes over corn, overlapping slightly.
10. Repeat layering with remaining corn, basil, chives and more salt and pepper.
11. Spread mayo mixture over filling.
12. Arrange remaining tomatoes over mayo mixture, overlapping slightly.
13. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
14. Bake, shielding crust with foil again to prevent excessive browning of edges of pie crust, for 1 hour or until filling is bubbly and cheese melts.
15. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm or at room temp.