DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
DELICIOUS LEMON-GARLIC MARINATED FLANK STEAK
20-25 garlic cloves, peeled
2 ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt, black pepper
2 (1 ¼ lb.) flank steaks
1 ½ c. fresh lemon juice (about 6-8 lemons)
3 T. dried oregano
- In small saucepan, cover garlic with 1 ½ c. of olive oil and cook over low heat until garlic is tender and golden brown, 30-40 minutes.
- Strain garlic through fine sieve set over a small bowl, reserve the olive oil for another use.
- In small bowl, mash the garlic with 2 T. salt and 1 T. pepper.
- Rub 3 T. of the garlic paste all over the steaks.
- In medium bowl, whisk lemon juice with remaining olive oil and oregano.
- Place steaks in 9×13” baking dish and coat with 1 ½ c. of lemony marinade.
- Let stand at room temp for 1-2 hours.
- Light grill.
- Remove steaks from marinade, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill steaks over moderate high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and instant temp inserted in thickest part reads 125, 8-10 minutes.
- Dip the steaks in remaining marinade in bowl and transfer to carving board.
- Spread remaining garlic paste on steaks and let stand 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice met against grain and serve.
*Both the garlic rub and marinade can be made day ahead and refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temp before using.