Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
1 lb. spaghetti
2 egg yolks
½ c. heavy cream
6 ozs. Thickly sliced pancetta, cut into 1/8” dice
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
Grated nutmeg, pinch
Fresh ground pepper
1. Cook spaghetti, following package instructions, in large pot of boiling salted water.
2. Drain, reserve ½ c. pasta water.
3. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and cream.
4. In large deep skillet, drizzle bottom with olive oil and place over medium heat.
5. Add pancetta and cook, stirring, until crispy, 4-5 minutes.
6. Add garlic and cook until golden, 1 minute.
7. Add pasta to skillet. Cook over low heat, tossing, until coated.
8. Slowly add reserved pasta water and beaten egg yolk/cream mixture.
9. Toss until coated with creamy sauce.
10. Add 1 c. of cheese and nutmeg, season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. When serving, add additional cheese if needed.