CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
DELICIOUS CREAMY CRAWFISH SOUP
4 T. butter
1 c. diced Vidalia onion
2 shallots, minced
2 T. minced garlic
¼ c. flour
1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
3 c. chicken broth
3 c. buttermilk
1 t. Creole mustard
1 T. apple-cider vinegar
Kosher salt, black pepper, Creole seasoning, to taste
2 t. soy sauce
2 lbs. cooked crawfish tails
Tabasco, to taste
Chopped chives, garnish
- In large stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, shallot and garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour, whisking constantly until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, broth, buttermilk, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce and seasonings to taste.
- Mix well and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and with hand held immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Place back on heat and bring to boil again, reduce heat and add crawfish.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste. Add Tabasco if desired.
- Garnish with chives.