CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
DECADENT CHOCOLATE-COOKIE CRUNCH TRIFLE
2 c. heavy cream
2 c. milk
1 c. sugar
¼ c. cornstarch
¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
1 ½ c. coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
1 T. butter
¼ t. kosher salt
2 c. heavy cream, chilled
½ c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
Pinch kosher salt
4 c. coarsely chopped crunchy cookies like-Oreos, Thin Mints, Shortbread, Biscotti, Nutter Butters, Samoas, etc.
- PUDDING: In saucepan, combine 1 ¾ c. heavy cream with milk and sugar and bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes.
- Sift the cornstarch and cocoa powder in a bowl, then whisk in the eggs and remaining ¼ c. heavy cream to form a smooth paste.
- Gradually whisk 1 c. of hot milk into cornstarch mixture, then scrape the mixture into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until pudding is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Put chopped chocolate in heatproof medium bowl and set a fine sieve over it.
- Strain pudding over the chocolate and let stand 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth, then whisk in butter and salt.
- Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of pudding and refrigerate until chilled, 3-4 hours.
- WHIPPED CREAM: In bowl, using a hand mixer beat heavy cream with powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until firm, about 5 minutes.
- In 3 quart trifle bowl, make 4 layers each of pudding, whipped cream and crushed cookies. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.