Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
10 c. loosely packed, banana bread, cut into ½” cubes (home-made or store bought)
2 c. heavy cream
12 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 c. half and half
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. dark rum
1 T. vanilla
2 large eggs
3 large yolks
1. Preheat oven 300.
2. Fill 10 (6-oz.) ramekins with banana bread cubes. Set aside.
3. In medium sized saucepan bring the cream to a simmer.
4. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate.
5. Swirl the pot gently so chocolate is completely covered by the cream, cover the pot and let sit for 3 minutes.
6. Whisk cream and chocolate together until smooth.
7. Add half and half, brown sugar, rum and vanilla.
8. In separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and yolks.
9. Add the eggs to chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
10. Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet. Slowly ladle the chocolate mixture over the banana bread.
11. You will want to gently push the cubes into the chocolate, so that the bread will absorb the chocolate.
12. Fill ramekins nearly to the top.
13. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until chocolate is set firm on the edges, but center is still a little soft.
14. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
15. Can be served warm or room temperature or chilled. Can also be reheated in microwave for 30 seconds.
16. Can be topped with crème fraiche or ice cream.