CRAWFISH HOLLANDAISE OVER FRESH ASPARAGUS2-3 lbs. pencil-thin fresh asparagus, trimmedextra virgin olive oilSalt, black pepper4…
DECADENT BANANAS FOSTER CRUMB CAKE
½ c. plus 2 T. butter, softened and divided
1/3 c. plus 2 T. firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
½ t. ground cinnamon, divided
2 T. dark rum
1 T. heavy whipping cream, room temp
2 medium bananas, cut into 1” chunks
1 ½ c. plus 3 T. flour, divided
1/8 T. ground nutmeg
2 T. cold butter
1/3 c. chopped pecans
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking powder
1 t. kosher salt
1/3 c. plain Greek yogurt (not fat-free)
CARAMEL RUM SAUCE:
½ c. sugar
2 T. water
1 T. light corn syrup
1 T. cold butter
½ c. heavy whipping cream
1 T. dark rum
¼ t. kosher salt
- CAKE: In large saucepan, melt 2 T. softened butter over low heat. Stir in 2 T. brown sugar and ¼ t. cinnamon. Cook, stir constantly, until sugar dissolves, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Carefully add rum and cream, cook, stir frequently, until smooth.
- Add bananas, cook, stir gently to coat bananas.
- Remove from heat, using slotted spoon, transfer bananas to small bowl. Let butter mixture cool in pan until slightly thickened.
- In small bowl, whisk together 3 T. flour, nutmeg and remaining 1/3 c. brown sugar and remaining ¼ t. cinnamon.
- Using pastry blender, cut in cold butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans.
- Preheat oven 350. Spray 8” springform pan with PAM. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and remaining ½ c. softened butter with mixer until fluffy, stop and scrape sides as needed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.