Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
3 T. minced garlic
¼ c. chili powder
1 T. ground cumin
3 (15-oz.) cans tomato sauce
¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
3 (16-oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (6-oz.) can black olives, drained and chopped
1 (9.75-oz.) bag corn chips
1 lb. grated cheddar cheese or your favorite
Sliced jalapenos, sour cream, etc. optional
- Preheat oven 350.
- Spray skillet with PAM.
- Saute beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add onion and saute.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add chili powder and cumin. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 T. cilantro.
- Spray 9×13” casserole dish with PAM.
- Spread half meat in dish, the half beans, half olives, half corn chips and half cheese.
- Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until golden and crispy on top and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
*Top with your favorites.