Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIES
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal
¾ c. flour
2 t. baking powder
¾ t. kosher salt
¼ t. ground nutmeg
¼ t. ground cinnamon
1 ¼ c. whole buttermilk, room temp
¼ c. good quality honey
½ t. vanilla
Sugar, for sprinkling
- In large Dutch oven, pour oil to depth of 2” and heat over medium heat to 350.
- In large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, egg and vanilla.
- Add buttermilk mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring just to combine.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Can serve with HONEY BUTTER.
½ c. butter, softened
2 ½ t. good quality honey
¼ t. kosher salt
- In bowl, stir together all ingredients until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Let come to room temp, stir well before serving.