1 (8-oz.) pkg. dried Great Northern beans (or 1 cup)
2 c. chicken broth
1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
¼ c. dry white wine
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 (6”) fresh rosemary sprig
1 t. finely chopped rosemary
3 T. tomato paste
2 racks baby back ribs (about 4 lbs.), cut into 3-rib sections
3 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. honey
Kosher salt, black pepper
1. In crock pot, combine beans with broth, tomatoes, wine, garlic, rosemary sprig and 2 T. tomato paste. Mix well.
2. Nestle the ribs into the beans.
3. Cover and cook on LOW until tender, about 3 hours.
4. Transfer ribs to rimmed baking sheet and cover with foil.
5. Continue to cook beans on LOW for 3 hours longer, until tender.
6. Discard sprig and skim off as much fat as possible.
7. Shortly before serving, preheat broiler.
8. In small bowl, mix remaining tomato paste with vinegar and honey.
9. Season ribs with salt and pepper and set them on baking sheet, meaty side up.
10. Brush with balsamic glaze and broil ribs about 3” from heat for 3-4 minutes, rotating if necessary, until browned and heated through. Cut into individual ribs.
11. Stir the chopped rosemary into the beans and season with salt and pepper.
12. Spoon beans into a shallow bow and top with glazed ribs.