PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
CRISPY CHICKEN BLT SALAD
1 c. buttermilk, divided
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 c. panko
4 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Kosher salt, black pepper
1/3 c. mayo
1 T. chopped fresh basil
1 T. chopped fresh chives
1 T. white vinegar
1 T. garlic paste
1 medium head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into 6 wedges
2 c. chopped plum tomatoes
1 c. crumbled blue cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven 425.
- Combine ½ c. buttermilk and egg in shallow dish. Place panko in another shallow dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg wash and dredge in panko.
- Heat oven proof skillet over medium heat. Add canola oil to coat bottom.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes. Flip and place skillet in oven for 12-15 minutes or until done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes. Slice crosswise.
- Combine ½ c. buttermilk, mayo, dill, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add garlic paste to the dressing.
- Place 1 lettuce wedge on each of 6 plates.
- Top each with chicken, 1/3 c. tomato and 2-3 T. dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and crumbled bacon.