SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
|Creole Tomatoes Stuffed with Crabmeat Salad|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. fresh Louisiana Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, picked over
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 T. capers, drained
- ⅓ c. Mcllhenny’s Spicy Mayo
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt to taste
- 4 large ripe Creole tomatoes, tops cut off and pulp removed
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes. Folding all together, carefully, as not to break up crabmeat too much.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. Taste for seasoning.
- Stuff each tomato with equal amounts of crabmeat salad.
*****You can also stuff this into avocado halves or serve with crackers. If you cannot find the spicy mayo, mix regular mayo with Creole seasoning and Tabasco to taste.