CREAMIEST ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE1 c. Greek yogurt2/3 c. ice cubes½ c. chopped peeled ripe mango,…
CRAZY SMASHED POTATOES
2 strips good quality thick-sliced bacon, diced
1 lb. red potatoes, cubed
1/3 c. heavy cream
¼ c. butter
Chopped fresh chives, garnish
- Cook bacon in 12”cast-iron skillet until crisp.
- Transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Wipe out skillet.
- Cook potatoes in the skillet with boiling salted water until fork tender, drain and return to skillet.
- Cook potatoes over medium heat, stirring to get out excess moisture, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and butter, crushing potatoes with potato masher until they reach desired consistency.
- Stir in chives and bacon and season to taste.
*If not serving right away, cover with foil and heat in 325 oven until heated through. If too dry, add a little warm heavy cream or milk.