Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 (6-oz.) fresh pico de gallo or 1 c. chopped fresh tomato
- 8 oz. fresh crawfish tails
- 1 c. grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 c. favorite grated cheddar cheese or blends
- Salt, red/black pepper
- 1 loaf of good French bread or some type of crusty bread, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven 375.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat butter and olive oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- To the bowl, add the pico or tomatoes, crawfish, cheeses, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide mixture between the two bread halves. Sprinkle with paparika.
- Bake on baking sheet lined with foil and spray with PAM.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice into smaller portions and serve warm.