SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
|CORN STUFFED CREOLE TOMATOES|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Corn Stuffed Creole Tomatoes
- 3-4 large creole tomatoes
- 5-6 ears fresh corn
- 1 banana pepper, chopped
- 4 red mini bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Olive oil
- ⅓ c. Italian bread crumbs
- Salt, black pepper, garlic powder
- Take tomatoes and on rounded part cut a circle and remove the insides with a spoon. Save the pulp in another bowl.
- Take the hulled tomatoes and place upside down on kitchen towel to drain.
- Meanwhile, take corn off cob.
- In large skillet, heat about 2 T. olive oil.
- Add the chopped peppers, onions and corn. Saute for 5-8 minutes.
- Add some of the pulp from the hulled tomatoes (if chunky, cut with knife to make the sizes smaller) to the corn mixture.
- Add the bread crumbs. This will pull the mixture together.
- Heat thru and taste for seasoning.
- Place the hulled tomatoes in a baking dish sprayed with PAM.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on inside of tomatoes. Also put a little salt and pepper.
- Fill cavity with corn mixture. If you have leftover corn mixture you can freeze it or place around the tomatoes in the baking dish.
- Bake 350 for about 15-20 minutes until tomatoes look like they start to blister. Do not over cook.
*****If you have leftovers, I usually cut up the tomatoes with the corn and mix with yellow rice and black beans and serve as a side dish.