1 c. extra virgin olive oil
Salt, black pepper, garlic powder-to taste
3 T. minced garlic
1 t. dried oregano
1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
1 T. grated lemon zest
8 T. fresh lemon juice
6 T. balsamic vinegar
3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
3 yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
1 bell pepper of each color (green, yellow, orange, red), stemmed, seeded, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
2 large Vidalia onion, cut into quarters, held together with a skewer
2 eggplants, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
3 portabella mushroom caps, gills and stems removed
1. In bowl, combine all the ingredients except the veggies, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. In a plastic bag, place the zucchini, squash, peppers and onion. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour ½ of marinade and mix well. Let stand 3 hours at room temperature.
3. In another bag, combine the eggplant and mushrooms, season and pour remaining marinade. Seal bag and shake to coat. Let stand 1-2 hours at room temperature.
4. Preheat grill to medium. Oil the grates.
5. Place the onions, peppers and eggplant on grill and cook 10-12 minutes.
6. Add zucchini, squash and mushrooms to grill and cook 15 minutes longer, turning halfway.
7. Cut veggies into small pieces for serving.
8. Arrange on platter and serve warm or chill to be cool.
*****You can also serve with your favorite dipping sauce like a nice aioli.