Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
Salt, black pepper
2 c. flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
4 large eggs, beaten with 2 T. water and seasoned with salt and pepper
2 c. panko bread crumbs
1 c. olive oil
Homemade Marinara Sauce or Commercial
½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
1 lb. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
Fresh basil leaves, garnish
- Preheat oven 400.
- Season chicken on all sides.
- Dredge in flour, tap off excess, then dip in egg mixture, drip off excess, then dredge both sides in bread crumbs.
- In 2 large saute pans, heat the oil until almost smoking.
- Add 2 chicken breasts to each pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Top each breasts with some marinara sauce, few slices of mozzarella, salt, pepper and sprinkle a little parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with basil.