GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH VEGGIES AND JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT IN FOIL PACKETS1-2 lbs. fresh red…
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Olive oil
- Flour, optional
- 1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- ½ c. chicken broth or water
- Salt, black pepper, garlic powder to taste
- ½ c. dry Marsala or dry sherry
- 2-3 T. butter, optional
- If you want to have a slight breading on the chicken, place about 1-2 c. flour in shallow dish and season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Set aside. If not, skip this step.
- Place one piece of chicken between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap. Pound with meat mallet from center out to about ¼” thickness. Remove wrap and season. Sometimes you can buy the chicken breasts already thinned out for you.
- Take a large skillet and spray with PAM and drizzle with olive oil to cover the bottom and heat.
- Place 2 breasts at a time in skillet. If you breaded or not, cook 2-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and no pink remains. Transfer to platter and keep warm.
- Carefully add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Stir in wine, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and cook until slightly thickened. Whisk in butter, 1 T. at a time. This gives a nice sheen and flavor to the sauce.
- Add green onions and sauté for 1 minute and taste for seasoning.
- Place each chicken breasts on serving plate and top with sauce.
*****With the leftovers, I cut chicken into bite-size pieces add fresh steamed broccoli or asparagus or snow peas and noodles. Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese for a wonder second round dish.