SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
Marinated Fresh Green Beans and Squash Salad
Marinated Fresh Green Beans and Squash
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1-2 lbs. fresh green beans, cleaned with tips removed
- 2 medium fresh zucchini, cut in cubes
- 2 medium fresh yellow squash, cut into cubes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 t. red pepper flakes
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 pt. of fresh cherry tomatoes, optional
- Place cleaned green beans in salted boiling water and cook until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- In large bowl, combine the beans, squash, onion, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, zest, pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. This will keep up to a week.
*****I like to add the cherry tomatoes after the first 24 hours for added color and fresh taste.