Caprese Relish with Sliced Creole Tomatoes
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella cut into ½” pieces
- ½ c. fresh basil, chopped
- ⅓ c. fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ c. capers, drained, optional
- 2 shallots, minced
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. minced garlic
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- In a bowl, place all the ingredients except cheese. Mix well.
- Add the cut cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to sit in refrigerator overnite. Will keep for a good 2 weeks.
*****I like to add heirloom cherry tomatoes and fresh mushrooms and asparagus tips for a wonderful salad. Also use the relish for sandwiches or straight up appetizer with cut bread