CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
BREAKFAST BREAD BOATS
6 (8”) demi-baguettes
1 t. salt
1 c. sour cream (not low fat)
12 ozs. Breakfast sausage, out of casing and cooked and crumbled
3 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
6 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- Place oven rack in middle of oven that is at 350.
- Cut a deep “V” into top of each baguette.
- Remove tops and the soft interior of bread, leaving no more than ½” on bottom and sides of bread (save top and interior of bread for another use.) Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs in large bowl.
- Whisk in sour cream and salt.
- Place the hollowed breads on baking sheet.
- With a brush coat outside of bread with thin layer of olive oil.
- Divide sausage between the breads, sprinkle half of the cheese over the sausage.
- Set aside 2 T. of the chopped green onions and sprinkle rest over the sausage and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into each baguette, filling not quite to the top. Do not overfill. You will not use all of the egg mixture at first. Allow eggs to settle and soak into the bread for 2-3 minutes. Top off each baguette with more eggs as needed.
- Top each baguette with remaining cheese and green onions.
- Bake until eggs are set and golden-brown, 30-40 minutes.
- Let sandwiches cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
*With leftovers, cut baguette into half and wrap in foil. Store in ziplock bags and refrigerate or freeze. Reheat uncovered at 325 until warmed through (20 minutes for refrigerator ones and 30 minutes for frozen ones.