CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
AMAZING PEANUT BUTTER BANANA FRITTERS WITH DRIZZLED CHOCOLATE
2 c. flour
2 T. powdered sugar
2 t. baking powder
Pinch sea salt
Small pinch baking soda
3 ripe bananas, mashed
½ c. smooth peanut butter
2/3 c. milk
Canola or peanut oil, for frying
½ c. dark chocolate chunks
½ c. whipping cream
1 c. water, for double boiler
- FRITTERS: Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in bowl and mix. Add bananas, peanut butter, milk and egg. Whisk until the consistency can be balled up in a spoon.
- In saucepan, heat canola oil to 375.
- Using a teaspoon, delicately spoon batter into oil, a few at a time and deep fry until they fluff up and become crispy and golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Strain on wire rack.
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE: In pot, bring cup of water to a simmer. Place large metal bowl over the top of pot (or use double boiler).
- In metal bowl, add chocolate chunks and whipping cream. Whisk until it melts together and is smooth.
- Drizzle over the fritters and serve.
*You can use peanut butter that has nuts for a change.