3 lbs. new potatoes, halved
Kosher salt, black pepper
4 oz. fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas
3 T. Dijon mustard
3 T. fresh lemon juice
1 t. sugar
2/3 c. olive oil
1 c. loosely packed fresh herbs (basil, chives, mint, dill), rough chop
1. Place potatoes in cold salted water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat and cook until tender. Drain and cool 30 minutes.
3. Cook snow peas or sugar snaps in salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until crispy/tender. Drain. Press between paper towels.
4. Cut peas into ½” pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, and sugar. Slowly add olive oil in steady stream, whisking until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Gently toss together potatoes and ½ c. of dressing in large bowl and let stand 30 minutes.
7. Right before serving, gently stir in peas, herbs and remaining dressing.
8. Season to taste, again.