Black Beans/Shrimp/Yellow Rice Stuffed Peppers
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- Green Bell Peppers, cut in half (number depend on how many you serve)
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp or Leftover Crawfish Etouffee or Fresh Crawfish
- Black Beans/Yellow Rice (leftover from Taco Day)
- Cut peppers in half and seed. You can parboil for about 3 minutes. Do not over boil. Drain and cool.
- If you do not have leftover etouffee, take 1-2 lbs. of fresh shrimp or crawfish tails and sauté in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix shrimp or crawfish with leftover black beans and yellow rice.
- Stuff peppers. Place in baking dish.
- When ready to eat, place in 350 oven and heat until hot all the way through.
****You can also add can corn if you like to the mixture. Also look for the recipe for Spicy Black Bean with Yellow Rice.