Grilled Fish with Lemon, Mushroom, Bell Peppers and Onions
|Grilled Fish with Lemon, Mushroom, Bell Peppers and Onions|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- Whole Fish (I used Sac-a-Lait, use what you can get)
- Vidalia Onion
- Bell Pepper (one of each color)
- Sliced Portabella Mushrooms
- Honey Mustard
- Herb Lemon Marinade (I used McCormick’s but any brand of marinade will do. Use what you like)
- Lemon Butter Basting Sauce
- Take fish and season with red/black pepper, garlic powder and salt.
- Place in large pan and cover each fish with honey mustard and the Herb Lemon Marinade. Let sit in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnite.
- Slice the onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and lemon into slices, not too thin. The amount will depend on amount of fish you use.
- In grilling basket, put a layer of the onion, etc. , place a layer of fish and then another layer of onion, etc. mixture on top. Place the top of basket on and set on a baking sheet.
- Grill fish over medium high heat. Basting sauce on each side before you turn and once you turn. Depending on size of fish will depend on how long it takes to cook. Good size fish usually take 30-45 minutes.
- Take off grill and place veggies and fish on platter with basting sauce on side.
*****Remember with leftover fish, you debone and make fabulous fish tacos. I also like to add to my shrimp creole. You can also make a fish courtbouillion (just make your sauce and add fish which is already cooked. Very short prep time.
This Post Has 0 Comments