EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Big Easy Sazerac
|Big Easy Sazerac|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- Ice cubes
- ¼ c. rye whisky or bourbon
- ¼ t. bitters
- ¼ t. anise liqueur
- Lemon rind twist
- Cook 1 c. sugar and 1 c. water in small saucepan for 5 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Pack 3 ½- oz. cocktail glass with ice cubes and set aside.
- Combine whisky, bitters, simple syrup and few ice cubes in cocktail shaker. Stir to chill.
- Discard ice in glass. Coat inside of glass with liqueur, shaking out excess. If you want a stronger flavor leave in excess.
- Rub lemon rind over rim of glass and discard rind.
- Strain whiskey mixture into prepared glass. Serve immediately.
*****Rye Whiskey will give a smoother, richer flavor.
This Post Has 0 Comments