The 2-2-2 Crab Dip in a Bread Bowl
|The 2-2-2 Crab Dip in a Bread Bowl|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 c. chopped onion mix
- 2 c. miracle whip or mayo
- 2 c. shredded swiss cheese
- 1 lb. lump or backfin crabmeat, picked and cleaned
- 1 Hawaiian Bread, hollowed out
- Corn chips or crackers
- Mix together the onion, miracle whip, swiss cheese. Blend well.
- Fold in crabmeat.
- Hollow out the bread.
- Spoon the mixture into the bread bowl. Push down to make sure it gets in all nooks and crannies in the bread. You can also fill higher than the bread level.
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 275 oven for 2 hours.
- Place on serving dish and surround with crackers or chips.
*****You can make the base part without the crabmeat 3 days ahead and then just add the crabmeat the day before serving. Refrigerate until ready to bake. I got this recipe from my friend, Marilyn Dejean. I just added the crabmeat. I also have done cooked crawfish, shrimp, chicken, pork and ground meat. These you must cook and remove any liquid before adding to the base mix. The chicken and pork I usually shred or chop into bite-size pieces.
This Post Has One Comment
It was brought to my attention by one of my Foodies, that you can add a can of drained Ro-tel to The 2-2-2 Crab Dip in a Bread Bowl. She says it adds a little zip and color. Try it! Thanks, Mary Beth!