SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
BAKED HUEVOS RANCHEROS
¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
½ green bell pepper, finely diced
1-2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 T. minced garlic
½ t. dried oregano, crumbled
Salt and red/black pepper
1 (10-oz. can Ro-Tel or tomato sauce
3 c. whole grain tortilla chips
8 large eggs
1 c. shredded Monterey Jack
Chopped cilantro or parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven 400. In saucepan, heat olive oil. Saute onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are lightly browned.
- Add Ro-tel or tomato sauce and ¼ c. water and simmer for 5-8 minutes until thickened.
- Spoon tomato sauce into 4 individual shallow baking dishes and arrange the tortilla chips around the sides.
- Crack 2 eggs into each dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Place dishes on baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes until egg whites are set and yolks are still runny. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.