8 thighs, 6 legs, seasoned
1 (16-oz.) container Fajita chopped veggies (you can usually find this in larger grocery stores where they prep all the veggies for stir-fry and fajitas, if not just chop your own)
1 (8-oz.) sliced portabella mushrooms
1 c. light brown sugar
6 T. minced garlic
½ c. Creole mustard
½ c. white wine or broth
Chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven 500.
2. In a nice roasting pan with sides, spray with PAM.
3. Layer the chopped veggies and mushrooms in bottom of roasting pan. Season the veggies.
4. In a small skillet, drizzle about 1-2 T of olive oil and heat. Saute the garlic for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and creole mustard. Blend well.
5. Lay the seasoned chicken pieces on top of the veggies.
6. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
7. Pour the wine or broth into bottom of pan.
8. Pour the brown sugar sauce over all the chicken pieces.
9. Bake uncovered in oven for 30-45 minutes, depending on size of chicken pieces. If you find the chicken is browning too fast before thoroughly cooking, after 20 minutes, cut oven temperature back to 450 and cook until done.
10. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve plating up the cooked veggies and drizzling the sauce over chicken.