SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE SMOKY GRILLED VEGGIESSoaked wood chips4 ears of sweet corn, shucked1 of each color…
BACON-WRAPPED PORK TENDERLOIN TOPPED WITH DRUSILLA’S BACON JAM
1 lb. thick apple smoked bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 T. minced garlic
½ green bell pepper, chopped
½ c. white wine
1 (12-oz.) jar apple jelly
- Saute the bacon, onion, garlic and bell pepper in large skillet over medium heat.
- When bacon is cooked, add the wine to deglaze the pan. Reduce mixture.
- After mixture reduces, add the apple jelly.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes and let rest.
- Pour the hot liquid in canning jars. Reserve.
1-2 lb. pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon (I bought this one at Joey’s in Lafayette, LA)
1 (12-oz.) jar Cane Pepper Jelly Dressing (also bought at Joey’s in Lafayette, LA)
Day before place pork into plastic ziplock bag and drizzle the dressing to cover. Wrap tightly and marinate overnight. Drain when ready to sear.
½ of each color bell pepper (red, orange, yellow, green), cut into strips
12 pearl onions, peeled
1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
1 (16-oz.) pkg. diced butternut squash
Salt, black pepper
1 (10 ½-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (6-oz.) can mushroom steak sauce
1 (.87-oz.) package McCormick’s dry pork gravy mix
1-2 T. Kitchen Bouquet
¼ c. white wine
More white wine or chicken broth
Chopped green onions
- In a Crock-Pot, spray the container with PAM.
- In a large bowl, combine the cut bell peppers, pearl onions, mushrooms and squash. Season, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Place all the veggies in bottom of Crock-Pot.
- Place the rack over the veggies.
- In a large skillet to hold your pork tenderloin, drizzle bottom with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Remove the pork from marinade (discard marinade) and sear on all sides in skillet.
- Place the pork in the rack in Crock-Pot.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, steak sauce, gravy mix, kitchen bouquet and ¼ c. white wine. Mix well.
- Pour over the pork and veggies in the Crock-Pot.
- Pour enough white wine or chicken broth in bottom of Crock Pot, until you can see some liquid in bottom of the pot.
- Top the pork tenderloin with about ½ c. of the BACON JAM.
- Cook on LOW (6-8 hours) or HIGH (4-6 hours.)
- Remove from Crock Pot and let rest 5 minutes. Slice and top with veggies and sauce in bottom of Crock Pot. Garnish with chopped green onions.
*My friends, Jimmy and Cindy Zito, owners of Drusilla’s in Baton Rouge, LA, along with their chef, Sonny, provided an appetizer that had the BACON JAM. I just loved the mixed flavors of this dish. Thought I would try it on the pork and it was divine! You will love the BACON JAM. Makes some and keep in your ref or freezer and you can use it for so many things.