PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
ASIAN BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH BROWN RICE AND CORN
6-8 bone-in thick cut pork chops
Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
½ c. soy sauce
½ c. your favorite Asian sauce (I use Asian Salad dressings)
4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
3-4 packages Uncle Ben’s Instant Brown Rice (the ones that take 90 seconds in microwave)
Chopped green onions
- Season pork chops and preheat oven 375.
- Place chops in baking dish sprayed with PAM.
- Mix the soy sauce and Asian sauce and coat both sides of chops.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on thickness of chops.
- Meanwhile, prepare the brown rice bags and place in bowl.
- Add the corn kernels to the rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- When chops are done, remove from oven.
- In another baking dish, layer the rice/corn mixture into the bottom, garnish with chopped green onions.
- Layer the chops on top of the mixture, garnish with more green onions.
- Cover with foil and place back in oven to heat up the rice mixture, about 10-15 minutes.
*You can prepare the dish ahead of time and when ready to eat, just let sit at room temperature and then heat in 350 oven for about 20 minutes or until the chops, rice and corn are hot.