Boozy Watermelon Margarita Sippers BOOZY WATERMELON MARGARITA SIPPERS2 large fresh limes1/3 c. sugar8 c. cubed…
AMAZING SOUTHERN FRIED PICKLES WITH REMOULADE DIPPING SAUCE
REMOULADE DIPPING SAUCE:
1 ½ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
¼ c. catsup
2 T. minced green onion
2 T. minced fresh parsley
2 T. sweet pickle relish
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
Creole seasoning, to taste
Tabasco, to taste
Canola oil, for frying
1 c. whole buttermilk
2 c. self-rising cornmeal mix
1 c. flour
1 t. ground red pepper
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1 (32-oz.) jar sliced dill pickles, drained
- DIPPING SAUCE: In bowl, combine all ingredients. Taste for seasoning. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- PICKLES: In large Dutch oven, pour a depth of 3”. Heat oil to 360.
- In shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk and eggs.
- In another shallow dish, combine cornmeal mix, flour, red pepper, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Dip pickle slices in buttermilk mixture, let excess drip off. Dredge into cornmeal mixture to coat.
- Fry in batches, 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with REMOULADE DIPPING SAUCE.