TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
ALICE’S WARM AND EASY ARUGLA VICHYSSOIS
4 T. olive oil
2 leeks, green parts discarded, white parts washed and finely chopped
8 oz. chopped onion mix
2 T. minced garlic
1 t. Kosher salt
1 lb. small Yukon gold potatoes, cubed (you can peel if you like, I leave peelings on)
1 t. red pepper flakes
1 (4-6” Parmesan cheese rind (I leave some of the cheese on the rind)
8 c. chicken broth
5 oz. fresh baby arugula
2 T. olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
Salt/pepper to taste
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat and add 2 T. olive oil.
- Add leeks and chopped onions and salt, stir often, until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and stir often and cook another minute.
- Add the cubed potatoes and red pepper flakes and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Stir often.
- Add the broth and stir to mix.
- Add the cheese rind and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in arugula and cook for about 1 minute or until wilted.
- Discard cheese rind.
- Add the remaining 2 T. olive oil and 2 T. fresh lemon juice.
- Using Immersion blender, puree until completely smooth.
- Taste for seasonings.
- When serving, ladle into bowl and top with mascarpone cheese, Greek yogurt or sour cream.