REFRESHING WATERMELON RUM PUNCH3 lb. fresh watermelon8 oz. white rum6-8 T. fresh lime juice¼ c.…
Alice's Pumpkin Breads
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 c. vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- 1⅓ c. orange juice
- 2 lb. can pumpkin or 30 oz. (sometimes you can’t get the 2 lb. cans so the 30 oz. is close enough)
- 4 t. baking soda
- 1 T. nutmeg
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1 T. vanilla
- 6 c. sugar
- After mixing the above ingredients, add the following.
- 1 (1 lb.) bag chopped pecans
- 1 (8-oz.) bag chopped dates
- 2 c. raisins
- 7 c. all purpose flou
- Mix well.
- Spray 2 lb. loaf pans or if you prefer to make small loaves, use smaller loaf pans, with PAM.
- Fill pans ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 1 hour or more at 325 until center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted. If you use smaller pans, cooking time will be reduced.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Leave in pans and wrap tops in foil and freeze or eat.
*****This recipe will make 8-9 of the larger loaves. Great gifts for the holidays. Double the batch easily and make more and freeze. They keep great. People will love this bread. So yummy.