Alice’s Meat Sauce with Spaghetti
|Alice's Meat Sauce with Spaghetti|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 3 lbs. ground meat
- 1 (16-oz.) container of chopped onion mixture
- ¼ c. minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (12-oz.) can tomato paste ( use a good quality one)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed Italian tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (24-oz.) jar (one of each) Prego Mushroom Sauce; Traditional Sauce, Tomato, Onion, Garlic Mix
- In large pot, add ground meat and onion mixture and brown the meat. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- You can drain off excess fat if desired.
- Add tomato paste, stewed and diced tomatoes. Blend well.
- Add sugar, oregano, and basil and simmer over medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Stir to keep from browning on bottom. You will see the redness will darken a bit. This is what you want. It is the caramelizing of the onions and paste.
- Add the 3 jars of Prego (if you do not like one of the flavors just use 3 of your favorite.)
- Fill the 3 empty jars with hot water and plus one more jar of water and add to gravy. You want the gravy to be loose so that it can simmer for an hour. Blend well.
- Add bay leaves and season with salt and black pepper and garlic powder.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until thicken. If it gets to thick, just add more hot water. Season to taste again.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
*****Always freeze your leftover sauce. Later you can add meatballs, whole chicken pieces or deboned and have chicken spaghetti. I will later show you how to do baked spaghetti with the leftover chicken spaghetti. Spaghetti gravy always gets better the next day. If you choose to leave out the ground meat, you will have the basic marinara sauce.
This Post Has 0 Comments