DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
|Alice's Hot Broccoli Dip|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Alice's Hot Broccoli Dip
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10-oz.) pkgs. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 lb. of jalapeno Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 T. butter
- Salt/black pepper/garlic powder
- 1 (1 ½-lb.) round sourdough bread or chafing dish
- Heat oven 350 if using bread.
- Cut slice from top of bread loaf. Cut around the bread leaving 1” thick shell and remove center. You can cut these pieces of bread into bite-size pieces. Place cover back on bread and place pieces around. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a pot, melt butter and sauté the celery, onion and bell pepper until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese and soup and stir until melted.
- Add broccoli and Tabasco, salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste. Mix well.
- Spoon into bread and serve with toasted bread pieces and crackers or veggies.
- If using a chafing dish, make sure it is hot before placing in chafing dish.
*****With leftovers you can add more broccoli and other veggies and make a casserole. You can also serve mixed with pasta.