Alice's Herb Cheese Sauce
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 stick butter
- 8 T. flour
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 6 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. Gueyrer Cheese, shredded
- ¾ c. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- White pepper
- Tabasco to taste
- Melt butter and stir in flour until well blended.
- Slowly add cream and stir until thicken.
- Add cheese, herbs and season to taste.
*****This is the sauce I serve over Spinach Manicotti as an alternative to the Marinara sauce. This is good on plain noodles along with an entrée of beef, chicken, lamb, pork or veal.