4 large yams
4 boiled eggs, separate yolks and whites after boiled
¼ c. catsup
¼ c. mustard
1-2 T. Tabasco
2 T. apple cider vinegar
½-1 c. chopped sweet pickle relish
¼-1/2 c. Miracle Whip or mayo
1. Peel and cube yams. Don’t make cubes too small.
2. Place in pot of salted water and bring to boil. Carefully watch and test the yams. It only takes 5-8 minutes for them to cook. You do not want them mushy. Drain and set aside.
3. Boil your eggs, peel and place whites in bowl that you will be using for your salad.
4. Place the yolks in a smaller bowl.
5. With a potato masher, mash the whites.
6. Add yams to the whites. Mix well. Season with salt and black pepper.
7. Add the pickle relish to the yam mixture. Mix well. You can add as much relish as you like. Set aside.
8. Mash the yolks. Add the catsup, mustard, Tabasco and vinegar. Mix well.
9. Add to the yam mixture. Mix well.
10. Gradually add the mayo. Start with ¼ c. and gradually add more as you like the creaminess of your potato salad. Taste for seasoning.
11. Sprinkle top with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve. I like to have it at room temp when serving.
*****I like to use Miracle Whip instead of mayo because I like the tangy-taste of the Miracle Whip. Use what your taste buds like!