MAGICAL SKILLET S’MORES12 mini-cast iron skillets6 (1.55-oz.) individually wrapped milk chocolate bars (like Hershey’s), broken…
Alice's Easy Corn Macque Choux
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 6 fresh tomatoes, pureed
- 4 bell peppers (one of each color-red, orange, yellow, green) chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 6 cans cream corn
- 6 cans white shoepeg corn, drained
- 6 cans Mexicorn, drained
- 6 cans Ro-tel
- 2 c. sugar
- In large Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add peppers and onions and sauté until tender.
- Add tomatoes, sugar and Ro-tel. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off and add rest of ingredients. Stir to mix.
- Refrigerate overnite.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 4 hours or until mixture becomes thick. Stir frequently to keep from sticking to bottom.
- Let cool and put into ziplock bags to freeze.
*****This will make about 12 pints. I sometimes add crawfish etouffee or sauté shrimp to the corn for a change. It is also good to add to soups or chowders. You can also add different types of rice for a casserole effect.