EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Zippy Mexican Cornbread
ZIPPY MEXICAN CORNBREAD
1 ½ c. yellow cornmeal
1 c. cream-style corn
1 c. sour cream
¼ c. canola oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 T. baking powder
1 t. salt
4-6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped, divided
½ of red bell pepper, minced, divided
½ red onion, minced
2 T. all-vegetable shortening
1 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese or Cheddar
- Place a 10” cast-iron skillet in while it preheats to 350.
- In large bowl, stir together cornmeal, corn, sour cream, oil, eggs, baking powder, salt, 3 jalapenos, ½ of the red bell pepper and red onion. Mix well.
- Remove skillet from oven, add shortening and swirl around to coat the pan.
- Pour half batter into pan, and sprinkle with ½ of cheese.
- Top with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cheese, jalapeno and bell pepper.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.