HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
ZESTY ZOODLES ZUCCHINI PIE
3 lbs. fresh zucchini zoodles
1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
2 T. chopped fresh oregano
3 T. minced garlic
2/3 c. milk
¼ c. flour
½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
½ c. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Place zoodles in colander in sink. Sprinkle with a little salt and let stand 20-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle oil to coat bottom.
- Add tomatoes, oregano and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until tomatoes wild.
- Remove mixture from skillet and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven 375.
- Place half of zoodles in clean kitchen towel. Wrap, twist and squeeze until all liquid is extracted. Repeat with remaining zoodles. Cut zoodles into manageable lengths.
- Whisk eggs in bowl.
- Whisk in milk, flour, pepper and salt (to taste).
- Add tomato mixture, cheese and zoodles. Toss to mix.
- Wrap bottom plate of 9” springform pan tightly with foil.
- Assemble pan, coat bottom and sides with PAM.
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Bake until set in middle, about 50-60 minutes.
- Cool 10-12 minutes.
- Remove sides from pan. Cut pie into wedges.