HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
ZESTY CRAWFISH NACHOS
1 (14-oz.) can evaporated milk
1 (14-oz.) pkg. quesadilla melting cheese (like Ole Mexican Quesadilla Melting Cheese
1 T. Creole seasoning
2 grated garlic cloves
1 (16-oz.) pkg. smoked andouille sausage, coarsely chopped
1 (24-oz.) bag mini-tricolor sweet peppers, thinly sliced
1-2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and minced
1 lb. crawfish tails
1 (11-oz.) bag yellow tortilla chips
Garnish (lime wedges, lime zest, chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven 425.
- In saucepan, heat milk until steaming.
- Slowly add cheese, Creole seasoning, and garlic. Whisking until smooth.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In skillet, cook sausage until crispy. Drain well.
- Arrange andouille, sweet peppers and jalapeno on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until peppers are softened, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add crawfish and bake until hot, about 5-8 minutes.
- Place ships in pan and top with crawfish mixture and warm cheese sauce.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges, zest and parsley.