Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
1 ½ lbs. of yellow squash, sliced in rounds
8 oz. container of chopped onion mix
½ of 10 oz. pkg. of grated carrots
1 small jar pimento, drained
1 can fat free cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
2 c. Italian bread crumbs
2 sticks butter
2 t. Targil Ground Four Peppercorn Melange
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Green onion, garnish
1. Place sliced yellow squash in salted water and boil until tender. Drain.
2. In a bowl, combine onion mix, carrots, pimento, soup, sour cream and cheese. Mix well.
3. Mix in the squash with the mixture in step 2. Season with pepper and salt.
4. Take 1 c. of bread crumbs and mix with 1 stick of melted butter.
5. Take this bread crumb mixture and place in 13×9” baking dish that is sprayed with PAM.
6. Pour the squash mixture over the bread crumb mixture.
7. Take the last 1 c. of bread crumbs and mix with 1 stick melted butter.
8. Take this mixture and crumble over the top.
9. Bake 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
10. Garnish with chopped green onions.
*****With leftovers, great to stuff mirliton, peppers or tomatoes. Freezes well.